ILCM’s Pro Bono Project offers several volunteer opportunities for legal professionals to assist low-income immigrants and refugees with their immigration-related cases. Volunteers provide invaluable assistance that allows clients to obtain life changing remedies. Listed below is a summary of ILCM’s various pro bono opportunities, information about the support our office provides to volunteers, and details about how to get involved. ILCM is currently developing new programming responsive to the recent Executive Orders relating to immigration. Please check back for updates soon.
How to Get Involved:
To receive announcements about upcoming trainings and new opportunities for volunteers with legal experience, please download this Pro Bono Volunteer Form and return it to our Pro Bono team at email@example.com. Our Pro Bono Coordinator will add you to our Pro Bono mailing list.
All pro bono volunteers must have the following:
- A current (and active) attorney license from a jurisdiction within the U.S.;
- A phone number that can be used for client correspondence; and
- A mailing address that can be used for case-related filings.
**If you are concerned about meeting one of the volunteer requirements listed above, or have questions about volunteering with our Pro Bono Project, please feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information.
Volunteer Support Available:
ILCM provides volunteers with ongoing support throughout all pro bono matters. Support includes, but is not limited to:
- Pre-screened cases;
- Malpractice coverage;
- Free training and manuals;
- Intensive mentorship;
- Interpreter and Translation support if needed;
- Access to ILCM’s online casework resources;
- Use of ILCM office space for client meetings;
- Use of ILCM’s copy, postage, and fax machines for ILCM pro bono matters; and
- CLE Credit for trainings and pro bono casework.
Pro Bono Projects:
For more information about specific projects that volunteers can become involved with, please reference the following project pages: